C++ VS PYTHON

Started by ZinxInn, 05-03-2019

C++ VS PYTHON
  05-03-2019, 12:47 PM
C++ or PYTHON WHICH ONE IS BETTER?

05-22-2019, 09:34 PM
It depends what you are going to use for.

For quick things developing trivial piece of code, pocs, bots, automating stuff or something you need fast you can go with python. Easy to work with CLI I/O, time consuming to build GUIs and easy to deploy crossplatform native format executables. Easy to develop complicated apps thanks to huge 3rdparty library support, you can easily find almost everything you need. There is advanced use python of course but I think you are not interested with that topics.

About C/C++, It's robust and very fast language with large variety of compilers(gcc, msvc, mingw, llvm etc.). It's low level and native language for most OS'es out there. If you want something run fast or you need to use operating systems functions, apis you are in right place. You will have better understading about how operating systems work how softwares run when you learn C/C++. It also has very good 3rdparty lib, api support(Like Qt, Boost, Graphics etc.). You can literally do anything you want but It's not going to be easy.

I assume you are interested developing some kind of 'hacking/hacking related" tools. Well you need both language but learn better C/C++.

06-04-2019, 09:45 AM
C++ and try to learn by coding not reading books

07-10-2019, 07:55 PM
Thank you brother for information

08-25-2020, 01:24 AM
Python is a better option.

09-07-2020, 12:21 PM
Definetely C++, and by the way you should try learncpp.com it's actually great,

11-05-2020, 11:43 PM
It depends on what you are comfortable with, what kind of system it needs to run, ...
C++ is known to be very fast (if not one of the fastest programming languages there is) but it's hard and it's syntax well in my opinion it's outdated. The thing is if you want to write anything which really performs well or you need direct hardware access then C/C++ is the best bet. Also if you know it will handle some heavy tasks, as a stupid example calculate Pi then these languages are probably the way to go. Important to know is that you can also do all of these things in for example Python, the performance will probably not be the same though.

If you're a beginner I would start with Python as it's a pretty easy language to learn, and Python has achieved a LOT. Popular sites use Python (Django) for example Instagram. Google's deep learning library is made with Python because it's easy to learn and understand, but the framework is written in C/C++ (not 100% sure) so that training a model doesn't take ages.

Basically, choose what you want to do and do it in the programming language you are comfortable with. If you notice that that programming language isn't a good fit, move to another one. It's not lost time as you've probably learned a lot by then.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

1 Guest(s)