Digital Ocean - $50 credit for NEW customers

Started by wordpressexpert, 08-31-2019

Digital Ocean - $50 credit for NEW customers
  08-31-2019, 12:36 AM (Updated: 08-31-2019, 12:46 AM by wordpressexpert. Reason: Links didn't work )
So, I think Digital Ocean always has a free trial going on? But none of the links that I ever found worked when I started. I heard really good things about the company so I purchased it without any promotion. Luckily I asked about it, and they were like "Oh, yeah! We do have that promotion, here is $50." My friend only got $10 from her "$100 link," and they actually have not fixed her account yet. They did say it would take awhile for them to refund and then disburse again.

But I DID asked if there was link that people used because the ones online were sketchy. If you search online, there's a lot of ads for $35, $50, and $100 credits, and people are only getting like $10. Or nothing. Some of the links bring you to places that had no intention on going. So, I'm guessing these are auto-generated sites, and some are phishing sites, and real people are the trial and error of success.  

PROMO: https://m.do.co/c/37629a468bd8            ---or click here if you don't want to copy and paste
Browser Screenshot
Computer Screenshot

The above are screenshots of the customer support chat. Just so you can verify the link. I am very strict on people being secure online. I do a lot of security developing on my sites and servers. 

Have a good day! :)

If you're new to this, here are some instructions for your server:

1) Sign up
2) Create project
3) Attach domain or buy one
4) Create droplet
5) Go to "marketplace" under "choose an image"
6) Select CentOS 7 + Plesk (this is just my preference)
7) If you're going to be using Wordpress or any kind of CMS, choose the "CPU" Optimized, it will perform Wordpress faster than you've ever seen it go.
8) Choose the $40 plan. This is a great server if you're not excepting like 5000 visits a day.
9) Choose a region in the US
10) Ignore everything else and press "Create Droplet"
11) And boom, you got yourself a smooth, and powerful virtual private server.

Just to compare, GoDaddy costs twice as much as this, and has less features.

Additionally, if someone is really, really stuck on what to do and needs help setting up their services, I will help you. It only takes me about 4 minutes at this point to make a new account, and then new server.

08-31-2019, 01:50 AM (Updated: 08-31-2019, 02:00 AM by dean.)
Nice man. Usually I'm smarter than to randomly go to a site and put in my info. LMAO! But nah, I checked the SSL, the domain, etc. Everyone seems to be so nice. And there is so much stuff here that I want! This is like a candy trove for kids but for me. It kind of sketched me out when it flickered between rooms or something, but then I went back and saw that it went from digitalocoeans.com to cloud.digitaloceans.com, which I'm not sure why they did that. But I don't work for them. I would say it's easy to use. I just got a plugin I really wanted from here, and then I'm eyeing another one. I can't wait to install Wordpress. Here's the pic though! Proud RENTER of a new server :)) https://pasteboard.co/Iv9S6Mu.png

Hey. I added you. We should talk sometime about PHP

09-07-2019, 06:26 PM (Updated: 09-07-2019, 06:44 PM by wordpressexpert.)
So it turns out that you can mine (obviously you'll want to do CPU only) on Digital Ocean as long as you use the CPU-optimized droplets.

(08-31-2019, 01:50 AM)dean Wrote:
Nice man. Usually I'm smarter than to randomly go to a site and put in my info. LMAO! But nah, I checked the SSL, the domain, etc. Everyone seems to be so nice. And there is so much stuff here that I want! This is like a candy trove for kids but for me. It kind of sketched me out when it flickered between rooms or something, but then I went back and saw that it went from digitalocoeans.com to cloud.digitaloceans.com, which I'm not sure why they did that. But I don't work for them. I would say it's easy to use. I just got a plugin I really wanted from here, and then I'm eyeing another one. I can't wait to install Wordpress. Here's the pic though! Proud RENTER of a new server :)) https://pasteboard.co/Iv9S6Mu.png

Hey. I added you. We should talk sometime about PHP

You're kind of all over the place, aren't ya. Haha.  Monkas2 Monkas2 Monkas2 Monkas2 Monkas2

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Unlimited Hosting 3Years For 2$ (Promo New Year) dopzone 29 1,371 08-04-2020, 09:45 PM
Last Post: kanizfatema
MechaHosting 25% Off New Customers Mark0212 0 511 01-27-2020, 02:03 AM
Last Post: Mark0212
Free Powerful Unlimited Website Hosting - *NO CREDIT CARD RQUIRED nulleduserh 14 1,211 10-30-2019, 05:16 PM
Last Post: thekin
Move over GOOGLE, and AWS. DIGITAL OCEAN is coming in HOT! wordpressexpert 0 670 08-30-2019, 09:52 PM
Last Post: wordpressexpert
Website Hosting 30 day free trial. No credit card/payment required. joyiswar 0 759 12-09-2018, 08:49 PM
Last Post: joyiswar

1 Guest(s)