Favorite DAW?

Started by clearchoicemusic, 01-18-2019

Favorite DAW?
  01-18-2019, 05:56 AM
Looking at upgrading my home recording setup.

What would be your vote for best DAW for Windows and why?

Presonus Studio One 4
Cakewalk SONAR
Ableton Live
Steinberg Cubase
Pro Tools

01-19-2019, 06:13 PM
I never used sonar or ableton.

I've used cubase and protools but never really enjoyed working in any of them.

I love the workflow in studio one, and the audio engine is really really punchy.

harrison mixbuss is has also a very good audio engine, but the workflow is not as good as studio one. I still prefer it over pro tools though.

01-21-2019, 09:54 PM
(01-19-2019, 06:13 PM)useaname Wrote:
I never used sonar or ableton.

I've used cubase and protools but never really enjoyed working in any of them.

I love the workflow in studio one, and the audio engine is really really punchy.

harrison mixbuss is has also a very good audio engine, but the workflow is not as good as studio one. I still prefer it over pro tools though.

Once I learned Cubase, I liked it. But, I think I'm with you on Studio One being my favorite right now.

01-22-2019, 06:05 AM
FL Studio is the best.
It's a very powerful, complete and user-friendly DAW, and it's also very affordable starting at only $99

01-26-2019, 07:19 AM
i use cubase from the early days of atari right up to 10 pro, ive also used cakewalk and pro tools but i always go back to cubase..

01-27-2019, 02:35 PM
I'm using Pro Tools, Cubase, Studio One 4, Ableton and others.
But it all depends on what i'm doing.

So for an example.
Record, mix and master can be done in all of them.
Studio One 4 is good and steady with its workflow and yes this is the DAW i use most of the time,
but there is a limitation for me, since there is so much i can't do as an audio engineer with this DAW.
When this happens i'd say Cubase would give you a better and more wide work base.
But then again this might not happen or happen just a few times for a homestudio user,

Pro Tools.. well... they got a free to use option... and this is the only + i can give..
Other then that i only use it whenever someone else is recording and wish to use it for there own mixning session later..

Ableton Live.. I mostly use this when i'm on the road on my laptop, mostly for live audio engineering/Live Performance

And FL Studios (as someone mention) is according to me.. not a good DAW for recording, mixing and mastering in.. sure it could be good if you learn it, but for me FL is one of the better platforms for beat making.

Hope this gave you a little more insight and if you have any question with DAW's feel free to ask me Pepocoolo

- Phreak

-- | | Just because something doesn’t do what you planned it to do doesn’t mean it’s useless. | | --

02-08-2019, 05:15 AM
(01-27-2019, 02:35 PM)PhreakSploit Wrote:
I'm using Pro Tools, Cubase, Studio One 4, Ableton and others.
But it all depends on what i'm doing.

So for an example.
Record, mix and master can be done in all of them.
Studio One 4 is good and steady with its workflow and yes this is the DAW i use most of the time,
but there is a limitation for me, since there is so much i can't do as an audio engineer with this DAW.
When this happens i'd say Cubase would give you a better and more wide work base.
But then again this might not happen or happen just a few times for a homestudio user,

Pro Tools.. well... they got a free to use option... and this is the only + i can give..
Other then that i only use it whenever someone else is recording and wish to use it for there own mixning session later..

Ableton Live.. I mostly use this when i'm on the road on my laptop, mostly for live audio engineering/Live Performance

And FL Studios (as someone mention) is according to me.. not a good DAW for recording, mixing and mastering in.. sure it could be good if you learn it, but for me FL is one of the better platforms for beat making.

Hope this gave you a little more insight and if you have any question with DAW's feel free to ask me Pepocoolo

- Phreak

Great info. Thanks for the reply! Looks like Studio One 4 and Cubase is right for me.

03-13-2019, 10:37 PM
ableton live hand down it has two dif work stations in it, your more traditional feeling setup, and then the live view where you can really pre record variations of stuff in building your song or sound really well. max for live is great, and ableton does everything I need and then some, and there's a sort of cult following with some producers, who subsequently put out a lot of ableton mastery/tricks/tips themed content.

03-14-2019, 10:00 PM
I using Steinberg Cubase, because I used vst plugins which my friend wrote. These plugins were only available in cubes. I tried Studio One, I found the interface too difficult. Besides, there are a lot of finished projects from well-known directors on Cubes that you can download.

04-01-2019, 02:22 PM
Pro Tools is the industry standard as far I know.

08-20-2019, 07:38 PM
Logic Pro X is great too. Check it out if you're using a mac.

08-25-2019, 04:56 PM
thanks thanks thanks thanksthanks

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

1 Guest(s)