How Can I Stop Someone Copying All my Website Content

Started by JomoHoney, 04-18-2022

How Can I Stop Someone Copying All my Website Content
  04-18-2022, 12:04 PM
Hey Guys,

I have a WordPress website and I am having an issue for some months, someone is scrapping the hell out of my whole website and as soon I publish a new post on my website it is automatically posted on another website.

Now I have tried blocking his website ip but still there is no use, I have also requested him to stop that but he does not listen. 

Can someone please be kind enough to help me fight this content scraping issue in WordPress?

Best regards

04-20-2022, 03:10 PM
Assuming he use some kind of plugin, you could copyright and write that the post comes from www.yourwebsite.com and that www.thescrapperswebsite.com contains malware and virus. Basically [censored] him up. A few questions:
1. If you update your post, does it auto-update on his? If no, then do this:
- a) make a post with a few files. These must be infected virus files.
- b) post it and check his site
- c) edit your post to something else so your followers doesnt get virus. If it doesnt update when editing, its good
2. What website is yours and what is his website? Is it possible to register at his website? I can ask a few fellow people to destroy him, making fake accounts on his shit site
3. If all else fails. DDoS his shitty site. If its home hosted and you pay in BTC, he will stop.

Admin note: This is just advice as far as i could come up with, nothing is legal but this site isnt pretty legal so whats the big deal
by "DDoS" i mean to somehow boicott the scammer/scrapers server so it wont snap up. Example what if you post 100s of posts and delete them many times. Make your followers/visitors aware of this.

04-20-2022, 08:38 PM
I've had this happen as well. I just notified their hosting provider about what was occurring. You will have to submit a Copyright Infringement Notification letter to them before they will act. After that they will shut down the site.

05-21-2022, 02:07 PM
(04-20-2022, 03:10 PM)SkyGamer911 Wrote:
Assuming he use some kind of plugin, you could copyright and write that the post comes from www.yourwebsite.com and that www.thescrapperswebsite.com contains malware and virus. Basically [censored] him up. A few questions:
- c) edit your post to something else so your followers doesnt get virus. If it doesnt update when editing, its good
2. What website is yours and what is his website? Is it possible to register at his website? I can ask a few fellow people to destroy him, making fake accounts on his shit site
3. If all else fails. DDoS his shitty site. If its home hosted and you pay in BTC, he will stop.

Admin note: This is just advice as far as i could come up with, nothing is legal but this site isnt pretty legal so whats the big deal
by "DDoS" i mean to somehow boicott the scammer/scrapers server so it wont snap up. Example what if you post 100s of posts and delete them many times. Make your followers/visitors aware of this.

I think that would be hurtful for his site rank and his users...

09-03-2022, 12:40 PM

Whenever I create a post, it automatically posts on his website, and whenever there is an update on my post, it will also update his website too. I have no idea how he does but one thing is for sure its an automated process and is done through bots, I don't know how to stop this, I have tried worfence and clouodfare and things like that too. but no success as of yet, I do not know how to ddoss his server otherwise I could have done it to just teach him lesson and make him stop doing all this. I reached out to him and requested him to stop copying but he is not listening.

09-04-2022, 01:43 AM
There is not much you can do about it, but if they use your name of business name then you can get legal advise.

09-06-2022, 10:05 PM
There are several plug-ins out there that make duplicating your site effortless. However, the best of these requires some access to your site. A long shot but it might not hurt to change your log-in credentials in case these have been compromised. Good-luck!

09-10-2022, 08:07 PM

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Is all Shadow's plugin safe 100%? mbulingit 0 200 08-31-2022, 05:20 AM
Last Post: mbulingit
does all soft has trojan? zurickleo 0 196 08-30-2022, 05:07 PM
Last Post: zurickleo
Thanks to all members designmarketking 0 67 08-07-2022, 12:27 AM
Last Post: designmarketking
Someone have Envato elements account free? Gio_MAXI 3 890 04-24-2022, 12:06 PM
Last Post: macsim
File Sharing Website Dieth34 1 581 01-08-2022, 12:43 AM
Last Post: Creature
Which PLUGINS are a must for a NEWS website shbk 11 1,084 12-22-2021, 10:55 AM
Last Post: RinkuR
This Website is Cool Looking BUSYBODY 12 862 10-29-2021, 02:26 PM
Last Post: tsiamarios
DRIVER'S LICENSE, ID CARD, PASSPORT, BANK BILLS - ALL COUNTRIESS PSD TheHeek 0 209 10-11-2021, 09:03 PM
Last Post: TheHeek
Hello All eakteam 1 220 07-17-2021, 10:43 AM
Last Post: kwameking
Website Building BUSYBODY 2 275 07-01-2021, 09:30 PM
Last Post: BUSYBODY

1 Guest(s)