In need of guidance - Wordpress Setup

Started by Au2nomic, 12-06-2019

In need of guidance - Wordpress Setup
  12-06-2019, 05:50 AM (Updated: 12-06-2019, 05:53 AM by Au2nomic. Reason: forgot to finish my heading )
Hi!

I am trying to build my first wordpress website. I have been running into a lot of problems since I started, but at the moment I have started all over and I would be thankful for any guidelines/advice out there.

I lack experience and talent when it comes to "webdesigning", I even lack the vocabulary in order to express myself correctly. In addition, English is not my native tongue, so if google won't translate; you have an explanation.

Anyways, you might have guessed it but the website should be:

- Easy for me to build, and monitor. User friendliness is #1.
- In the best of worlds the framework would be adjustable so that the visual appearance could develop alongside my designing skills and abilities.

- The main theme is influenced by scientific principles from biology-human physiology/chemistry. But I would like to integrate and contrast all aspects in life with the theme. The idea is to illustrate how small molecules inside of a cell is influenced by our thoughts and how things relate to each other. I understand how hard that is for anyone to get get a clear vision of, and on top of that translate the vision into an organized website template. I don't even think it is possible, but that is my vision although it seems distant.

- I want publications (with a lot of text and a lot of images) to be the bread and butter. All social links and other stuff is at best secondary (even though i know how important the "other stuff" might be in order to attract visitors).

That sums it up. 

If you have anything at all to comment on I would be more than happy.

12-06-2019, 08:11 PM (Updated: 12-06-2019, 08:15 PM by JayS.)
https://avada.theme-fusion.com/science/
Will you have paid content for members ? i.e. do you also require a membership system, or is content available as a cart item and allow paid downloads? If not, almost any page builder or general purpose theme will suffice, then you can add bells and whistles later.

Imho you ask too broad a question and your abstract information on your proposed content of quantum fields is less relevant than what services you want the site to offer. Posts come as standard - so again imho you're over complicating your life by your questions. There are so many themes out there - some paid, some free. Simply choose one and do it. There is no substitute for learning wp than by doing. After you have tried and failed or succeeded a few times, you will yourself begin to get a better idea on your websites offering and structure.

12-06-2019, 08:43 PM
(12-06-2019, 08:11 PM)JayS Wrote:
https://avada.theme-fusion.com/science/
Will you have paid content for members ?  i.e. do you also require a membership system, or is content available as a cart item and allow paid downloads? If not, almost any page builder or general purpose theme will suffice, then you can add bells and whistles later. 

Imho you ask too broad a question and your abstract information on your proposed content of quantum fields is less relevant than what services you want the site to offer. Posts come as standard - so again imho you're over complicating your life by your questions. There are so many themes out there - some paid, some free. Simply choose one and do it. There is no substitute for learning wp than by doing. After you have tried and failed or succeeded a few times, you will yourself begin to get a better idea on your websites offering and structure.

No on the question in the first paragraph.

And I think you are absolutely right. I just have such a hard time choosing with all the different options.

Thank you

12-06-2019, 09:14 PM
Seems the emphasis is on posts than pages.. so, pick a ready made template / theme and tailor it to your needs
or start from scratch. 

Fitz Albert Popp didn't have WordPress or anything close to the power and flexibility of WordPress.. Go make him proud.

No further advice to give..

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Need a Premium VPN.. a2r43l 49 6,382 05-08-2021, 06:14 PM
Last Post: swamy
I need FileMaker Pro Preactivated Software. Madx 5 1,614 04-20-2021, 08:43 PM
Last Post: ElPingU
Hi, i need bruteforce.. Maxim 1 324 01-27-2021, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Specialized
Need free trial version Woowa Plugin. vanbom 1 1,299 06-14-2020, 10:30 AM
Last Post: rudyindo77fx
Need Filmora 9 latest Version a2r43l 7 1,820 04-27-2020, 03:03 PM
Last Post: sultanbet89
Need Wowonder Android messenger and timeline cracked or Nulled shaquib22 0 957 01-23-2020, 03:57 PM
Last Post: shaquib22
Need Fundme v2.9 please berrymubarak 1 1,206 01-22-2020, 10:06 AM
Last Post: jzfx122
need Job portal Prabhatjon 0 756 12-09-2019, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Prabhatjon
Need a cheap, super light laptop for RDP only. ewinz87 2 1,115 10-13-2019, 01:50 PM
Last Post: An_Internet_Dog
need latest Rehub theme with Conten Egg pro and Affiliate egg pro shivpintu 0 1,275 07-17-2019, 04:32 PM
Last Post: shivpintu

1 Guest(s)