Is it illegal or not?

Started by dccadangan2, 09-06-2019

Is it illegal or not?
  09-06-2019, 09:59 AM
Hi, I found about nobuna.com. They sell plugins and themes. Is it okay if we purchase plugins or themes from there?

09-06-2019, 11:15 AM
They are "legit" but many times you'll see sites like this getting marked as "scam" duo they are breaking the terms of the license.
However they are acting under GPL (General Public License) wich allows sites to redistribute the software.
Nobuna uses this and sells the plugins/themes to a lower price (all legit duo the GPL).

Just remember there is some cons using this.
Like; No Support / slow uppdates, so if you get any issues you are on your own.
The main issue could be the slow uppdates,
Let's say the creator releases an important update to patch some security issues or just to make it "up-to-date" with the current wp version.
The user buying this plugin/theme from the creator will get the update right away.
For people using Nobuna/sites like this could wait months before they can get the update.

So hope this answer your question dccadangan2

-- | | Just because something doesn’t do what you planned it to do doesn’t mean it’s useless. | | --

09-06-2019, 11:15 AM
Not sure on the legality of it. But if your wanting to spend money checkout envato . com

09-10-2019, 01:39 PM (Updated: 09-10-2019, 01:46 PM by dccadangan2.)
(09-06-2019, 11:15 AM)PhreakSploit Wrote:
They are "legit" but many times you'll see sites like this getting marked as "scam" duo they are breaking the terms of the license.
However they are acting under GPL (General Public License) wich allows sites to redistribute the software.
Nobuna uses this and sells the plugins/themes to a lower price (all legit duo the GPL).

Just remember there is some cons using this.
Like; No Support / slow uppdates, so if you get any issues you are on your own.
The main issue could be the slow uppdates,
Let's say the creator releases an important update to patch some security issues or just to make it "up-to-date" with the current wp version.
The user buying this plugin/theme from the creator will get the update right away.
For people using Nobuna/sites like this could wait months before they can get the update.

So hope this answer your question dccadangan2
Thanks. Finally I found something "legit" to test premium plugins or themes before taking decision to purchase it.

(09-06-2019, 11:15 AM)VortexDipKit Wrote:
Not sure on the legality of it.  But if your wanting to spend money checkout envato . com
Yes, I know. But this is an alternative to build your own startup without digging your pocket deeper. Once your prototype is ready then purchasing from envato or other official plugins/ themes store would be best fit.

09-10-2019, 10:59 PM
I dont think its illegal but definitely not legit per say.

09-11-2019, 06:26 AM
I look at things like this in a certain light. What's the absolute best case scenario for the domain you're building/designing? Likely to monetize it by either, promulgating traffic to generate ad revenue and/or sell off the domain. I build brands routinely which include building out a domain (among numerous other things), you likely won't feel comfortable turning over the keys to a domain if it's running suspect elements. That's why, yes, I grab nulled elements, but if/when I sign over the domain (which literally happens in most cases) I'm making a commitment to everything contained within that domain to being legitimately licensed "to the best of my knowledge". Which means if there's an issue with any licensing or a hosting problem or the domain name expiration, etc, I'm the one who will be held accountable. Good luck getting referrals from disgruntled clients, that almost never happens.

So, although it's preferable, even advisable to utilize nulled elements and/or suspiciously licensed ones to test out a domain or demonstrate it's functionality, it's a VERY wise idea to ultimately ensure it doesn't have any potential licensing or support issues, zero.

Just my 2 cents, having had issues a few times with defending everything from site elements and logo designs to social media landing pages. If it's a large enough company, you won't be dealing with other designers, you'll be dealing with that companies legal department or an attorney on retainer. If you waste their time because you flummoxed licensing or there's other discrepancies, that company will eventually cut its losses and simply move on, but they MIGHT want their pound of flesh for you having wasted their legal time and efforts. Again, this means it makes a LOT of sense to fully test out a domain and in doing so use whatever means you deem adequate, but when it's time for a payday, have your ducks in a row with all that.

n00b logo generator CoolText Logo Gen

09-11-2019, 08:47 AM
i think it is illegal. think it again.

09-19-2019, 01:55 PM (Updated: 09-19-2019, 02:24 PM by dccadangan2.)
(09-11-2019, 08:47 AM)kardana Wrote:
i think it is illegal. think it again.
Yeah I am thinking about that again. But for sure, I will stop using them once the prototype is ready and buying the official ones.

(09-11-2019, 06:26 AM)simplefool Wrote:
I look at things like this in a certain light.  What's the absolute best case scenario for the domain you're building/designing? Likely to monetize it by either, promulgating traffic to generate ad revenue and/or sell off the domain. I build brands routinely which include building out a domain (among numerous other things), you likely won't feel comfortable turning over the keys to a domain if it's running suspect elements. That's why, yes, I grab nulled elements, but if/when I sign over the domain (which literally happens in most cases) I'm making a commitment to everything contained within that domain to being legitimately licensed "to the best of my knowledge". Which means if there's an issue with any licensing or a hosting problem or the domain name expiration, etc, I'm the one who will be held accountable. Good luck getting referrals from disgruntled clients, that almost never happens.

So, although it's preferable, even advisable to utilize nulled elements and/or suspiciously licensed ones to test out a domain or demonstrate it's functionality, it's a VERY wise idea to ultimately ensure it doesn't have any potential licensing or support issues, zero.

Just my 2 cents, having had issues a few times with defending everything from site elements and logo designs to social media landing pages. If it's a large enough company, you won't be dealing with other designers, you'll be dealing with that companies legal department or an attorney on retainer. If you waste their time because you flummoxed licensing or there's other discrepancies, that company will eventually cut its losses and simply move on, but they MIGHT want their pound of flesh for you having wasted their legal time and efforts. Again, this means it makes a LOT of sense to fully test out a domain and in doing so use whatever means you deem adequate, but when it's time for a payday, have your ducks in a row with all that.
Just to test of its functionality, yes I will use them(nulled). But for small scale client, usually I would prefer to use something like nobuna. Once they are ready for bigger challenge, I will suggest them to buy the official ones.

04-07-2020, 05:53 PM
Yes, it's perfectly legal as long as the script is under GPU licence. I have been using Nobuna for a while with no issues. However, as someone already pointed out, it takes some time to get the updates, their update plugin is rather awkward and their search sucks.

04-08-2020, 10:19 PM
I also once purchase from them. The product was working safe so I think it is safe purchase from them !

04-09-2020, 01:03 AM
I also purchased from them and it was okay.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Google sheet to nulled EA for Elementor Pro Advanced Data Table not working anom 0 21 5 hours ago
Last Post: anom
How may Gmail down the purpose behind not working? Daisy38456 1 86 01-08-2021, 11:37 PM
Last Post: egemen342
Wordpress plugins not working pcastillo 0 85 08-27-2020, 07:42 PM
Last Post: pcastillo
Sendy Retail (not nulled) pittza 0 205 07-29-2020, 08:37 AM
Last Post: pittza
Do I, or Not Register Domain and Hosting with one Company? JIIR 0 190 07-10-2020, 05:21 PM
Last Post: JIIR
Nulled can be updated or not? johnnydepp 12 613 03-18-2020, 05:03 PM
Last Post: Biroute23
I am not good at sex, any honest advice? JomoHoney 0 353 02-11-2020, 09:02 AM
Last Post: JomoHoney
Credits sometimes are not in the account zurickleo 2 727 09-15-2019, 10:51 AM
Last Post: yonic69

1 Guest(s)